Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Emily & Jamie Cheshire // July 19th, 2014


All weddings are special, and we are sure to make each wedding day fabulous and unique to the bride and groom. Every wedding is different.
Well, being in the wedding industry, there are weddings and couples that you can't help but to absolutely fall in love with (as there should be, since weddings are all about being in love).....and this is one of those weddings. This wedding was a dream.



This couple absolutely shines in the beautiful photography by Happy Everything Co., and just by looking at the photos you know that this wedding encompasses everything about love in its truest form. It's just sweet. We had so much fun with Emily and Jamie, and we are so happy to have been able to be a part of their unforgettable day! 

So, how did all of this come about? How did these two sweet people meet, how did they fall in love, and HOW did they pull off this spectacular day? Well...


Jamie and Emily actually went to daycare together at the age of four.
"My sister Adrien and I went and so did Jamie and his brother along with a ton of our current friends now. But Jamie was too cool for me and stayed upstairs eating candy instead of hanging out with me most days." They went to different elementary schools and different middle schools, but they ended up being reunited in 7th grade when Jamie actually started dating Emily's best friend... "They broke up and then Jamie asked me "out" in 8th grade!"
Jamie and Emily are from Pickens County, Georgia and at the time Canton was the nearest town with restaurants and a movie theater.


"Technically our first 'date' was in 8th grade when our moms dropped us off (separately) at the movie theater to see the movie, Signs. But our first real date was in 11th grade when Jamie picked me up and took me to dinner at O'Charleys in Canton (real romantic stuff) and then we went to the movies afterwards."

To Emily, the most memorable date her and Jamie went on was the time when they got engaged (of course!), but she did say that there was another time that stuck out to her..."I’ll never forgot one date when we were in college and Jamie planned a big surprise datenight and wouldn’t tell me what we were doing. We drove from Athens to Atlanta and I was shocked because I knew how much Jamie hated Atlanta traffic. He ended up taking me to an awesome dinner and then Cirque du Soleil. I was shocked because Jamie normally never surprises me (because I hate surprises) but it was an amazing date!"




This makes things 'tricky' since they have been dating since middle school, but Emily and Jamie decided that their dating anniversary was January 22, 2006, so they were together for about 8 1/2 years before they tied the knot at The Wheeler House on July 19th.

So, after almost 8 years, Jamie knew that Emily was 'the one' and asked her to marry him, and it was the "BEST PROPOSAL EVER!" according to Emily.










"I was in Greenville for work and Jamie randomly asked me that Monday if I wanted to go to the Atlanta Aquarium with him that Friday because his department at school had given him free tickets. I didn't think anything about it and I told him 'of course!' I asked him if I needed to take the day off or if we were just going to go quickly and I could take it as my lunch break. He played it sooo cool and told me I didn't need to take the day off."

"That Friday he picked me up and he was sooooo chatty. I was working in the car on the way to Atlanta and he would not stop talking to me! At one point I told him that he really needed to be quiet, that he was being really distracting. I didn't think much about it, I thought maybe he had a Red Bull before he picked me up..."

"We got to the Aquarium and he said our tickets were at will call and when we picked them up they said 'Jamie Cheshire' instead of Pickens Middle School, which is who he claimed gave them to him, so I started to get suspicious. Then, when we were entering the aquarium, the security men with metal detectors searched my purse and pockets and then just pushed Jamie through, which I thought was really strange..."
"We went in and had this amazing behind the scenes tour set up. It was just Jamie and I and our own tour guide who showed us around the entire aquarium and took us into all the exhibits! I was too excited about the tour (I am obsessed with penguins) that I forgot how weird he was being earlier. We finished the tour and it ended in this big room that looked into the shark & whale tank. I was getting antsy about work so I didn’t want to stay for the demonstration but Jamie insisted that we did. There was a scuba diver in the tank that interacted with the speaker and told us all these fun facts about the aquarium. They said that they needed a volunteer from the audience and went to pick me. I was super confused because we were in a room with over 200 people and a ton of them were kids that all had their hands up to be picked. Jamie pushed me up there to do it so I was a good sport and went on stage. She asked me a ton of questions about things our tour guide told us on the tour and then said that they needed another volunteer from the audience. I thought it would be hilarious to pull Jamie up because he gets really bad stage fright..."




"She asked us both a question and then told me that the scuba diver in the tank would have my next question. So I turn around to look in the shark tank and the scuba diver is holding a sign that says EMILY, WILL YOU MARRY ME? I turned around and Jamie was on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hand. I think I blacked out so I don’t remember much detail after that but I of course said yes!"



Emily despises the cold, just as most Georgia natives, so she knew she wanted her wedding to be between April and October, and Jamie is a school teacher so he has summers off. July 19th was an open date at The Wheeler House, so they chose that date and it worked out perfectly!

Jamie and Emily are both from Jasper, Georgia and they went back and forth between getting married in Jasper and getting married in Athens, where they live and went to school. They decided to stay close to Jasper because that is where their families live and it would make it easier on them...

"I also used to pass the Wheeler House every time I came home or drove to & from UGA and I've always been in love with it. We've seen it transform over the years and it was the absolute perfect venue for us!"





Sometimes wedding planning can be overwhelming, but to Emily it was a lot of fun... "I have 2 creative sisters and a super creative mom so they made it easy. It also helped that my aunt and cousin did all the decorations & flowers for me!" 



The morning of their wedding it was rainy and muggy outside...However, it cleared up RIGHT before the ceremony and ended up being beautiful and not unbearably hot (like Georgia usually is in mid-July).



"I knew I wanted to get married outside but always pictured an indoor reception. The Wheeler house had both and the barn is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and the arbor was what I always imagined getting married under."


"I wish I could relive it! I am a huge daddy's girl, so our first dance was very special to me..."
The moment it stopped raining right before the ceremony was "pretty wonderful," too!




"I absolutely loved our band (Finesse) and loved that everyone was dancing and at one point I couldn't see a single person sitting down."

This. Wedding. Was. Awesome.
Jamie and Emily left from good ol' Georgia and headed to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for their honeymoon... 
"It was amazing and the beaches were the prettiest I have ever seen!"


Congratulations to this fabulous couple and their sweet pups! Emily and Jamie plan to live in Athens with their 2 dogs and live happily ever after...


We were so glad we were able to share such a sensational day with the both of you and your families! 



This was a really good wedding.... 
                 
                                                       
                                                                    Thanks especially to the fantastic vendors:



Photographer: Happy Everything Co

Florals and Decor: Keiley Caldwell



Makeup Artist: Princeton Salon



Hair: Michelle Godfrey


Wedding Gown: Watters

Paper Goods: Bev Gunderson


Bridesmaid Dresses: Bill Levkoff

Groomsmen Suits: Calvin Klein

Videographer: Bobs Eye View





*Special thanks to Happy Everything Co. for allowing us to use their fabulous photographs!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment