Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Hannah + Nick Taylor // June 7th, 2014

Hannah and Nick Taylor

6.7.14

Hannah and Nick Taylor were married at The Wheeler House on June 7th, 2014. A couple of High School sweethearts from Cherokee County, it is no wonder that they chose shabby chic and southern décor for their big day. The rustic atmosphere at The Wheeler House went right along with the décor and theme that they went with for their gorgeous, southern wedding.
“We met in history class our junior year in high school. Although Nick won’t admit it, he winked at me and that’s how it all started.”




“Our first date was to a movie and putt putt. I am notoriously bad at putt putt and I remember thinking how embarrassing it would be to play on our first date! I didn’t play too bad that night; I actually beat Nick and bragged about it the rest of the night! Little did I know Nick was a golfer, and he let me win that night. The next time we played he beat me by like 20 strokes.”






“For me, our most memorable date was the first time we went to the drive in theatre in Blue Ridge...We piled a ton of pillows and blankets in the bed of his truck had a picnic and watched a couple movies under the stars. A simple date, but there is noting better than being outside snuggled up with your sweetie!”











Hannah and Nick dated for seven years before he popped the question...
“Nick told me we were going to eat dinner at his grandma's and I needed to be at his house no later than 5pm. Nothing about this seemed strange to me because we went to his grandmas often. As we started to approach his grandma’s neighborhood he didn't slow down, so I asked him where we were going. He replied "going to get some rocks for grandma's garden.” His grandma has a very well manicured yard; so again, I didn't think anything of it."
"We pulled up to Fields Landing (a park on Lake Alatoona in Canton) where Nick always took me for picnics and I saw a table that was set up for a picnic with candles and a trail of roses leading to it. I looked over at Nick and he couldn't stop smiling. We got out of his truck and walked over to the table and he got down on one knee and FINALLY asked me to be his wife. Of course I said yes!”
Hannah always wanted a summer wedding, and what better month is there than June?

The search for the perfect venue can be challenging and time-consuming, but when Hannah found the Wheeler House she knew it was the right place for her and Nick to tie the knot.
 “After hours and hours of research on wedding venues my friend Taylor Bennett mentioned that Lee was building a barn at the Wheeler House. I had dreamed of a barn wedding since I was young. After seeing the sketches of the barn I immediately knew it was the venue for me! We booked before the barn was even built! We had faith in Lee’s vision, and what a vision it turned out to be!”
"The wedding process was a roller coaster for sure! My mom and I worked ahead on a lot of things, we didn’t know it but that ended up saving us when it came close to the time of the wedding. My older brother Timothy was in a horrible motorcycle accident just 2 weeks before the wedding and he was supposed to be a groomsmen and sing/play his guitar. The first thing he told my mom when he was able to talk is that he had prayed everyday since the accident that he could make it to the wedding. God performed a miracle by saving his life and with a blanket of prayers over my family my brother is healing. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to make it to my wedding, but my dad officiated, my aunt sang, and my mom read a beautiful reading. It was so important to have my family be a part of our big day.”

The Wheeler House was the perfect location for Hannah and Nick’s wedding. “I love the barn the most. It is absolutely perfect. I also love the easy going but gorgeous atmosphere and that everything is at the same location.”
Hannah and Nick had extravagant décor, some of which was rented from Mama Sweet and Company, based in Holly Springs. Hannah’s inspiration for her décor was country elegance.

“The barn and charming house set the theme for the wedding but the décor was a way to make it look romantic and elegant. There were a few country details like “Nick’s Favorite Things Table” where family friends made all of Nick’s favorite goodies since he doesn’t like cake. There were mason jars and adorable lace wrapped hay bails where guests enjoyed a fire and roasted s’mores…”
“We incorporated a lot of family details into the décor, as well. All of the windows and mason jars were from my Uncle’s farm in Roswell. I also used lace from my moms dress and pictures of my grandmother in my bouquet. My dad’s dear friend hand painted our corn hole games…”

“We really wanted our family and friends to enjoy the night and celebrate with us and, from the feedback, everyone was able to do just that!”



We love the idea of incorporating family and traditions into your wedding day by using family heirlooms and keepsakes as pieces of your décor and inspiration. The idea of the groom having a table designated for his favorite things is the perfect way to incorporate his taste and style into the reception. A candy bar is also a cute and easy way for guests to take home a bag of candy as a favor!

Hannah and Nick spent their honeymoon in beautiful Punta Cana, Dominican Republic at an all-inclusive resort and absolutely loved it. They love being married and things are very busy for them!

“We just bought the cutest little house on 6 acres and are in the process of getting everything moved in and situated. We look forward to spending the rest of our lives together and can’t wait to see what God has in store for us!”

We are so happy for this sweet couple of newlyweds and wish them a lifetime of happiness! Thank you, Hannah and Nick, for allowing The Wheeler House to be a part of your big day!




Vendors:

Photography: Heather Photography

Decor: Crush Vintage Rentals




No comments:

Post a Comment