Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Ashley and Joseph Spenard



Ashley and Joseph said "I Do" Saturday, July 6th


When it came time for Joseph to propose to his bride-to-be, Ashely knew it was coming. "We had been discussing it for a while. One night after dinner, while I was doing the dishes, he got down on one knee and gave me a cute little speech and asked me to marry him. It was very cute, although I wished he would’ve waited till I was done with the dishes!"


Years ago, Ashely would drive by The Wheeler House saying to herself, "If someone would fix up that house, it would be stunning." Sure enough, when owner Lee Lusk bought the house and renovated it with a very specific goal in mind, it turned out to be more beautiful than Ashley thought it would. "We found out that people had their weddings there and my mom always said it would be nice for me to get married there (this was a few years before I actually got married). Sure enough, when I got engaged we went and checked it out!"


When the couple thought of their dream wedding, they knew they wanted something intimate. "We wanted our closest friends and family there. We knew we wanted to keep it simple and have a rustic feel."


 Ashley chose her favorite color, a clover green, for their main color, with pops of lavender and a bright blue to accent. In fact, Ashely got to choose many aspects of their wedding day, BUT Joseph was front and center to help pick out the food and cake! 


"My husband and I are pretty opposite. He's reserved, quiet and likes to keep to himself. I'm more social and outgoing. We balance each other out perfectly, and I think that's why we work so well together." All differences aside, the newlyweds both decided upon the first look, as it was one of the more important aspects of their wedding. "When I saw him for the first time it brought tears to my eyes. He looked so handsome and it was a very special moment between him and I."


And a beautiful moment it was. Ashley and Joseph's wedding was lovely, as captivated by their photographer, Face:This:Moment Photography. We wish the happy couple all the best, and are thankful to have been a part of their special day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment